Voluntary benefits are products and services that are offered by employers but paid for mostly or 100% by employees via payroll deductions. Voluntary benefits can include things like life insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, disability insurance, critical illness insurance, and accident insurance.
Voluntary Benefits From the Benefits Group Can Give Employees Piece of Mind
Below is a brief description of Voluntary Benefit Options:
- Dental is an affordable and very popular way to help employees control or reduce dental care expenses, and encourage healthy habits.
- Vision reduces your employees’ share of the cost for eye exams, prescription eyewear and other services and products provided by eye care professionals.
- Short-Term Disability Insurance If you receive a paycheck, here’s a way to protect your earned income. A short-term disability policy offers you income protection to help cover monthly expenses (such as mortgage, rent, utilities, or car loan) if you’re unable to work because of a total disability due to illness or injury.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance When an employee cannot work for an extended period of time, a long-term disability plan can help cover a portion of their salary. Long-term disability usually starts after a short-term disability policy has run out. This happens around 10 to 53 weeks after an eligible event, with an average time of around 26 weeks.
- Accident Insurance Accident insurance covers out-of-pocket expenses and non-covered medical services following an accident.
- Critical Illness/Cancer bridges the gap between traditional medical coverage and disability, providing protection against potential financial consequences.
- Hospital Indemnity complements medical coverage and reduces employees’ out-of-pocket expenses for hospital stays.
- Telehealth gives your employees no-cost care when they need it, with on-demand 24/7 access to certified medical professionals, and assistance with non-emergency issues when an office visit isn’t necessary.
- Long-Term Care covers ongoing assistance with the basic daily tasks of life in the event of long-term illness or injury, when the care is not included by medical and disability coverage.
- Worksite Wellness offers discounts on many products and services that promote a healthy lifestyle.