When you think of group health insurance, one of the first names that probably comes to mind is Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS). Whether your business is big or small, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network is a trusted name in healthcare and can potentially suit your group health insurance needs.
Benefits Of Choosing BCBS
The goal of BCBS group health insurance is to provide quality care that meets budgeting needs for all sizes of companies. With BCBS you have access to:
- The largest network of health care professionals
- Customized benefit programs
- Cost-effective products
- In-network and out-of-network discounts
- Employee savings programs
- Wellness management programs
With BCBS, you can give your employees a high level of healthcare with a variety of care options and access to a wide range of medical providers.
BCBS Small Business Group Health Insurance
Cost-management is important to all businesses seeking group health insurance, no matter their size, but small businesses with up to 50 employees are particularly focused on affordable, cost-controlled health insurance programs.
Through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network, the following benefits are typically included for your employees:
- Ambulatory patient services
- Behavioral health treatment
- Chronic disease management
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services
- Pediatric services, including dental and vision
Through BCBS, you can set parameters for group health coverage so you can keep costs within your budget. However, CoverageForCompanies is a private exchange designed specifically for small businesses that allows employees to choose the coverage that meets their needs while keeping the budget intact.
BCBS Large Business Group Health Insurance
Companies with 51 or more employees will find value in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network not only for the variety of coverage options they offer, but also for their cost-management solutions. Larger businesses can also customize their group health plans through BCBS.
Total health care coverage for large businesses include:
- Medical plans. Includes traditional PPO and HMO plans, wellness plans, and plans accompanied by a health spending account.
- Dental plans. A variety of network sizes, deductibles, and copay levels are available.
- Vision plans. Convenient and money-saving plans can be selected from VSP Vision Care and Essential Vision.
- Prescription drug coverage. Reduce costs with management programs.
- Specialty benefits. Includes life insurance, disability insurance, and an employee assistance program.
The GlidePath option through BCBS is a private exchange that enables employees to choose the coverage they want while helping to maintain the company budget.
Get Assistance When Making Your Group Health Insurance Decision
Ultimately, the main goal for providing health insurance to your employees should be to provide comprehensive coverage at affordable prices for both your organization and the people in your employ. BCBS is unique with perks like:
- Rewarding enrollees dedicated to healthy living with lower premiums and deductibles.
- Flexible health plans to match levels of wellness and budgets.
- Online health and wellness resources, such as health assessments, digital health assistant programs, health information, and tools for health improvement and chronic condition management.
BCBS is an excellent choice for group health insurance, but it is within your best interests and that of your employees to learn about all available options that are well-suited for your organization’s size and needs. Speak with a representative from The Benefits Group to learn more about all the group health insurance plan options appropriate for your company.